Title: Sleeping Buffy
Author: Tigger Carter
Email: Tigger Carter
Category: B/R, G/J, X/F, S/F, C/Francis(It's Doyle, I'm just using his first name.) Angel and Oz are in it, too.
Rating: PG
Summary: "Sleeping Beauty" the way it should have been.
Disclaimer: All characters belong to Joss and those people. I don't own any of them, but can I have Riley? Please? Anyway, don't sue, I have no money. The lyrics are from the Disney movie, "Sleeping Beauty", with slight alterations by yours truly. And yes, I was watching the movie when I wrote this.
Spoilers: None
Feedback: YES! Please! Good or bad, I don't care!
Author's Notes: Okay, there's not really much to this fic, all you gotta know is the story of Sleeping Beauty. Enjoy!

Princess Aurora/Briar Rose: Buffy
King Stephen: Giles
Queen(princess' mother): Joyce
Prince Philip: Riley
Prince's father: Angel
Flora: Cordelia
Fauna: Willow
Merriweather: Anya
Maleficent: Faith
Raven: Spike
Minion: Xander
Prince's Horse: Doyle
Francis is a character that wasn't in the story.
Royal dog: Oz

Once upon a time, in a faraway land, there lived the rulers of the kingdom of Sunnydale. King Giles, and Queen Joyce. Even though they were rich and powerful and stuff, they were very lonely. Then, one day, Queen Joyce discovered she was pregnant. The couple was overjoyed that they would finally have a child to pass the crown on to. The royal doctor informed Joyce that her baby would be due near the end of January. Sure enough, the beautiful baby girl was born on January 19th. After much debating, King Giles and Queen Joyce decided to name their daughter Buffy.

To celebrate the birth of their daughter, King Giles and Queen Joyce decided to throw a party. They invited all the important people from around the world. In particular, they invited King Angel, the ruler of a nearby kingdom called Los Angeles (Wow, its even named after their king!) and his 4 year old son, Prince Riley.(King Angel's wife, Darla, died a when prince Riley was just 6 months old.) Now, King Angel and King Giles were really good friends, and had always dreamed that their kingdoms would unite. When Princess Buffy was born, they decided that Princess Buffy and Prince Riley would be betrothed. (Basically, they would be married when they were suitably old enough whether they liked it or not.)

On the day of the party, all the townspeople suddenly broke out into a huge group song.

///Joyfully now to our princess we come
Bringing gifts and all good wishes, too
We pledge our loyalty anew
Hail to the princess Buffy
All of her subjects adore her
Hail to the king
Hail to the Queen
Hail to the princess Buffy
Health to the princess
Wealth to the princess
Long live the princess Buffy
Hail, Buffy
Hail, Buffy
Health to the princess
Wealth to the princess
Long live the princess, Buffy
Hail to the king,
Hail to the queen
Hail to the princess, Buffy///

Everybody at the party had to give 1 gift to the newborn child. They gave jewelry, and clothing, you know, all that good stuff. Now, King Giles also invited his 3 good friends, who just happened to be fairies. Mistress Cordelia, Mistress Willow, and Mistress Anya. Mistress Cordelia approached the cradle with her magic wand.

"Sweet baby," Cordelia said. "I will give you the gift of beauty". And with that, she waved her magic wand, and it was done.

"Little princess," Willow started. "I will give you the gift of song." And so Willow waved her magic wand, and her gift was given.

"Sweet princess," Anya said, "I will---"

But before Anya could give her gift, there was a sudden burst of evil music, and in a flash of lightning and green smoke a woman appeared, with long robes, and a big cane with a little vampire named Spike sitting on the top glass ball part of it.

"Good God!" Willow exclaimed. "Its that evil witch, Faith!"

"Hmm, what an exciting party this is!" Faith said. "Although I was quite upset when I didn't receive an invitation."

"Well, no duh! They didn't want you here!" Anya said.

"They didn't? Well, then I better go, then. But to show no hard feelings, I, too will give the little child a gift. Listen up. Yes, the princess will grow in grace and beauty, loved by all who know her. But...before the sun sets on her 16th birthday, she will prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel, and DIE!"

And, with another burst of evil music, evil laughter, green smoke, and a flash of lightning, the evil witch was gone.

"Its okay, Your highnesses, I still have my gift to give," Anya said, "I can't undo this curse, Faith powers are far too strong, but I can help."

And with that, Anya started towards the cradle to try and make the best of the awful curse that was bestowed upon the little princess.

Part 2

Mistress Anya approached the crib with a hesitant look.

"**Sweet princess, if through this wicked witch's trick, a spindle should your finger prick, A ray of hope there still may be in this--the gift I give to thee. Not in death, but just in sleep, the fateful prophecy you'll keep. And from this slumber you shall wake, when true love's kiss, the spell shall break.**"

(Basically, if she pricks her finger, she'll just be in a deep sleep until her true love comes and kisses her.)

King Giles still had his doubts, so he ordered all the spinning wheels in the kingdom to be burned on that very day. So, there was a big bonfire at dusk.

Meanwhile, Cordelia, Willow, and Anya put their heads together to try and figure out what to do about Faith, because, you know, just because all the spinning wheels were torched, doesn't mean that the prophecy won't come true. Finally, they decided to make a proposal to the King and Queen. The proposal was that the Mistresses would pose as three peasants, and take Princess Buffy away to a secret cottage in the woods where the four of them would live until Buffy was 16. After much arguing, King Giles and Queen Joyce finally agreed, and watching with longing eyes ask their only child disappeared into the woods.

Several years later.....

"What do you mean you couldn't find her?! She couldn't have just vanished into thin air!" Faith yelled. "Are you absoultley sure you checked everywhere?"

"Uh-huh. Yep, everywhere," Xander, Faith's slave (in more ways than one), replied. "I checked the mountians, and houses, and every cradle."

"What?! Did you hear that, Spike?," Faith said turning to the little vampire seated atop her cane, "All these years, he's been searching for a child! You idiot! Now, listen, this is what you're looking for: A young girl of about 16, with hair as gold as the sun, and lips that shame the red, red rose. (You see, lucky for Buffy, she won't ever have to wear makeup.) Now go, and don't fail me." Faith also sent along her little vampire to make sure that some work actually got done.

Meanwhile, in a forgotten cottage in the woods.......

Cordelia, Willow, and Anya worked quickly on the birthday cake and present for Buffy (who they later re-named Anne for saftey purposes) while she was out picking berries.

Prince Riley made his way through the forest on his horse, Doyle. He had just quickened his trot when Riley suddenly pulled on the reins to make Doyle stop short. "Did you hear that, Doyle?". They both listened, and then they heard a beautiful singing voice. "Lets go find out who that is," Riley said. So, then, with Riley on his back, Doyle started off in the direction of the mysterious voice.

Part 3

Anne walked along the path in the forest, with her basket hung in the crook of her arm, singing to herself.(She might have been singing to herself, but she was singing rather loudly.) At first, she wasn't really singing anything, until she came to her favorite spot.

//I wonder, I wonder
I wonder why each little bird has a someone
To sing to, sweet things to
A gay little love melody
I wonder,
I wonder if my heart keeps singing, will my song go winging
To someone who'll find me
And bring back a love song to me?//

After more singing and dancing, Prince Riley finally showed up to where Anne was. They got to talking, and went for a walk. By the end of the day, any idiot could see that they were so *totally* in love. Finally, they stopped talking and stood under a maple tree. Anne put her head on his shoulder, and with Riley's arms around her, together they stared at the sky.

"Tell me your name," Riley whispered in her ear.

"Hmm?" Anne asked dreamily.

"Your name. What is it? Tell me, please." Riley pleaded.

"What? Oh! Oh, no!," Anne cried, wriggling free from Riley's arms.

"Where are you going?" Riley said, puzzled.

"I must go. They're expecting me." said Anne.

"Who is?"

"Its doesn't matter, I really have to go."

"But, when will I see you again?!" Riley cried to Anne who was running off towards the cottage.

"Tonight!"

"Here?" Riley shouted.

"No, at the cottage in the glen. See you later!" Anne exclaimed.

Meanwhile, back at the cottage...

"I still say we use magic!", Anya said. "Look at this! Cordelia, I'm sorry, but this dress looks horrible, and Willow, no offense, but this cake is turning out awful, and look at this house! Even if the cake and the dress looked decent, we couldn't present them to royalty with the cottage looking like this!"

"She does have a point, Cordelia." Willow said.

"Oh, I suppose. Okay, Anya, go get the wands. Willow, help me close all the windows. We can't take any chances." 10 minutes later, the cake was made, the cottage was clean, but there was a little arguement going on about the dress.

"I say it should be green!" Anya said, and zapped the dress green with her wand.

"No, we all know that purple is her favorite color!" Cordelia said, and zapped the dress purple again.

"Uh-uh! Green!" Anya said.

See, now this went on for a long time, and alas poor Willow forgot about the small but noticable crack in one of the windows.

"Haha! I've got them, now!", the little vampire, Spike said. "Faith will be very pleased with me. She'll probably be so happy that she'll dump that idiot slave of hers and finally notice that I'm the center of her universe." And so, Spike jumped off the window sill, and hitched a ride with a raven back to Faith's castle.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" Anne said walking into the cottage.

"SUPRISE!!!!" the Mistresses yelled.

"Ohh! What's this?" Anne said.

"Its for your birthday," Willow said, but I personally (the narrator) don't think Anne heard her, for she was busy dancing about and singing.

"Anne, what the hell are you doing?" Anya said.

"Oh, you'll never guess what happened. I met a guy!" Anne said.

"A GUY?!" The Mistresses exclaimed.

"Uh-oh." Willow said.

"She's in love." Anya said simply.

"Oh, no. This is horrible!" Cordelia exclaimed.

"Why? Why is so horrible that I finally met someone? After all, I am 16!". Anne asked.

"Its not that, dear. Its just that you're betrothed." Anya said.

"What? Betrothed?" Anne asked.

"Yes, dear. To Prince Riley," Willow said.

"But, I'd have to be a princess to--"

"And you are. Princess Buffy. Daughter to King Giles and Queen Joyce of Sunnydale," Cordelia said. "We're to take you back to your parents tonight."

"No! Oh no! Tonight? But I'm supposed to meet him here! No!" Buffy exclaimed, in tears. With a dramatic exit, Buffy ran upstairs to her room to bawl her eyes out.

"Oh, dear. We've got problems." Willow said.

More than you know, Mistresses. More than you know.

Part 4

King Giles, Queen Joyce, and King Angel sat in Giles' castle eagerly awaiting nightfall, for that was when the long gone(but not forgotten) Princess Buffy would return after 16 long years.

"I think we should have the wedding tonight." Angel said.

"**What!? I haven't seen my daughter in 16 years, and already you want to take her away from me?**" Giles said.

"**Well, you're gaining my son, aren't you?**" Angel pointed out.

"Yes," Joyce said, stroking the royal dog, Oz, who lay sleeping in her lap. "But we should still be able to spend at least a couple weeks with our daughter before we give her away. You know, get to know her. Its so upsetting to know that I have no clue what my only child's likes, dislikes, or interests are. I don't even know what she looks like!"

Suddenly Joyce burst into tears.

"There, there, darling," Giles said comfortingly. "Look what you've done now!"

"I'm sorry, Joyce. I didn't mean to upset you." Angel said apologetically.

"Its alright. Okay, then, its settled, the wedding will be held in 1 month." Joyce said.

Angel:--1 month! Thats way too far off! I wanna see my grandchildren! I better say something.--

Narrator:--Ah-ah-ah, Angel. Don't upset the Queen even more than you already have.--

Angel:--Oh, I suppose you're right.--

Narrator:--Of course I'm right. I'm always right.--

Anyway, getting back to the storyline... Things were getting interesting back at Faith's castle.

"You mean, you found her?!" Faith said hopefully.

"Yes, Mistress. I finally found her." Spike said. "And not only that, when I went back a second time, I found out that she's supposed to see some guy there tonight that she met in the woods, but she can't because the fairies are taking her back to their Majesties castle tonight."

"Excellent," Faith said evilly. "You have done a fine job, my little vampire."

Spike:--Oh, yeah! I got it made! I'm as good as hers!--

Narrator:--Not so fast, Spike. Get your mind outta the gutter. Even if you are hers, whats gonna happen? No realtionship can come from this. You're too small, and she's too big. Nothing could possibly happen.--

Spike:--Oh, bloody hell! Why'd you have to go an' do that for? Now all my fantasies are crushed. You bitch! You just ruined every chance I had with her!--

Narrator:--Spike, go wash your mind and your mouth out with soap. You knew all the time that there's no possible way to have a *physical* relationship with her. And if you call me another name like that again, or argue with me again, I'll kill off your character. Now, go and let me finish telling the story.--

Back at the cottage...

"C'mon Anne!," Cordelia said. She just wasn't used to calling Buffy her real name, so she just kept calling her Anne. "We gotta go!".

"Alright!! Dammit, don't rush me! I'm almost ready!" Buffy yelled, still mad about the earlier incident.

At King Giles' castle.....

Prince Riley rode throught the courtyard, towards his father.

"Father! Guess what?! I've just met the girl I'm going to marry!" Riley announced.

"Oh, so you've met Princess Buffy already," King Angel concluded.

"What?" Riley said, puzzled. "No, not Buffy. She's a beatuiful peasant girl."

"WHAT??!!" Angel shouted. "A peasant? Come on, son. I raised you better than that! What's her name?"

"I don't know," Riley replied.

"What do you mean, you don't know?!?!?" Angel said, getting very pissed at his son's actions.

"I mean, I don't know." Riley said simply. "I am to meet her back at her cottage tonight! I'll bring her back here tomorrow so you can meet her."

"What about your marriage to Buffy?!" Angel shouted to Riley who was riding off towards the woods.

"You set it up, you can undo it! Deal with it!" Riley shouted back.

Riley arrived at the cottage just before night fall. He knocked at the door, and it opened. He strode in looking all high and mighty, tryying to make a good impression on any family the girl might have. All of a sudden Xander and two of Faith's other minions jumped on his, bound and gagged him.

"Ah, what have we got here?" Faith said evilly. " A prince, eh? Well, we better get you back to my castle. Take him away!" In the meantime, Spike rode atop Doyle, towards Faith's castle.

Part 5

Prince Riley sat forlornly on the stone bench.

--Man, I wish these damn chains weren't so tight, they're cutting into my flesh!--

"Oh, don't despair, young prince," Faith said. "You'll be dead soon enough, and the chains wont hurt you anymore." Riley shot her a deadly look. Oh, if only looks could kill.

--Oh, you better be glad I'm chained up here, or else you'd be lying dead on this dungeon floor.--

Buffy sat in front of the mirror in her room. When she arrived at her parent's castle, she had asked the fairies to take her straight up to her room. She wasn't quite ready to meet her parents yet.

--How could this be my room? I've never seen it before in my life. My room is back at the cottage. Hell, I'll probably never see it again! Oh god! What about the man from the forest? I love him, and I'll never see him again either! When did I lose control of my life?--

Mistress Cordelia stood behind Buffy, wishing there was something she could do to make the princess feel better about her new living arrangement. Then she noticed that she wasn't wearing a crown, or tiara, or anything. Quickly, she swirled her wand in a circle to make a gold tiara for the princess. "Here, wear this as a symbol of your beauty and royalty." Buffy sat and allowed Cordelia to put the tiara around the hair piled on top of her head. She couldn't hold back any longer. She burst into tears again, and buried her head in her hands while she cried.

"Everything okay? Oh, dear," Mistress Willow said, as she poked her head around the partway closed door. Cordelia left the room and closed the door behind her. "She'll be fine, she just needs so time. Come, we'll sit and wait in the stairwell."

At the evil bitch's castle, *ahem*, excuse me, evil ~witch's~ castle.......

Faith grinned evilly as she stared at her crystal ball. In it, she saw the fairy mistresses leaving the princess' room to let her cry in peace.

"Haha, I've got you now, princess!" she said. Spike watched eagerly as Faith took her wand, and circled it around the ball. Green smoke came into formation and seeped into the crystal.

Buffy finally stopped crying and looked up. Green smoke was swirling inside the fireplace forming into this really cool-lookin' orb. Buffy felt a wave of fascination wash over her. her eyes went blank as she slowly stood up and slowly walked towards the orb.

Cordelia reflected on what happened between her and Francis when the vision hit her. She had been out on the streets of Los Angeles, on her way to visit King Angel, when it came up behind her. It was this really huge and ugly demon. She reached for her wand to perform a protection spell, but she was to slow. The demon back handed her, and the wand flew from her hand as she fell to the ground. Cordelia screamed for help, and the demon straddled her and backhanded her again. It was just about to kill her when a figure leapt from the shadows and on the demon.They fought for a few minutes, but the shadowy figure won. Cordelia cringed as she heard the breaking of the bigger demon's vertebrae. "How can I ever thank you Mister....?"

"Francis. Just Francis. It was nothing," the figure said with a hint of Irish accent.

"I'm Cordelia. Could you come into the light so I can see you?" Cordelia asked. The figure emerged and when she saw him, Cordelia jumped. His face was green, and he had silver spikey things all over his head.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you. Here," Francis concentrated a moment, and the spikey things disappeared, and the green in his face was replaced by normal flesh color, to reveal a strikingly handsome man. "Is that better?" he asked. Cordelia nodded. "I think this is yours," he said handing her the wand.

"Thanks. How did you do that? I mean, like, how did you morph your face like that?"

"I'm only half-demon. I'm human on my mother's side."

"Oh," Cordelia said, understanding.

"So," he said gesturing to the wand, "Are you a fairly or something?"

"Only on my mother's side," she replied. He just laughed. "Hey, would you walk me home?" Cordelia asked sheepishly. "I was on my way to the castle, but I just want to go home now."

"Absolutely," he said holding out his arm for her to take. She started seeing him on a regular basis after that. He told her that the Powers That Be sent him to King Angel's kingdom to protect his subjects from the unspeakable evil that lurks in every corner of Los Angeles. And the Higher Power people even gave him extremely painful visions to show him exactly which subjects were in danger. Right before he died, he passed the power of migraine-inducing visions on to her. And she was having one right now. She shrieked as it hit her. Each image flashed through her mind with a sharp pain. She saw Buffy in a crumpled heap on the floor, right next to a spinning wheel.

"Oh, my god, Cordelia! What's wrong? What did you see?" demanded Anya.

"We have to get to Anne. She's in trouble." Cordelia said, gritting her teeth, as another sharp stab of pain ripped through her mind.

"Lets go!" Willow said.

Part 6

The fairies raced up the stairs toward the princess' room. They burst throught the door just in time to see Buffy walk through the transparent wall and up the staircase.

"Damn, it!! Faith's got her under a spell!" Anya said as they raced towards the wall on the other side of the room. Just as they were about to run up the stair case, the wall materialized again. The faires tried to stop, but ran full force into the wall.

"Shit!" Cordelia said as she scrambled to her feet. "Damn this wall!"

The three of them started pushing against it, but it wouldnt budge. "Oh, for heaven's sake! Here, watch out," Anya said. She removed her wand from her pocket, and made the wall disappear. No sooner did the staircase appear, then the faires ran at full speed up the stairs, calling out Buffy's name.

Buffy walked absent-mindedly up the stairs, following the orb. She was almost at the top.

--Wow, this green thing is really cool. I can almost touch it.--

The fairies came to an abrupt halt when they came to the entrance to 3 different tunnels.

"What do we do now?" Anya asked.

"We'll each take one, whoever finds her just use the magic in your wand to contact the other two of us." So the three of them took off in a different direction.

Buffy followed the orb through the door at the top of the staircase. The orb stopped in the middle of the room and materialzed into a spinning wheel. She reached out to touch the spindle, because it was glowing this really cool green color, but hesitated. Suddenly, she heard a farmiliar voice.

"Go ahead. Touch it." Buffy reached out her index finger and pricked her finger on the needle.

Willow raced up the stairs already, she could sense that this was the right way to find the princess, so she conjured a blue orb(while she was running) and sent it to find the others. She finally reached the door, and pushed against it. She gasped when she entered the room.

"Faith! You...you..! Where is she?!"

"Why did you bother hiding? You three must have known I'd find her. Well, you should have just let her follow out her fate as I planned it. Take a look at your precious Buffy, now!" Faith gestured to her left and Willow cried as she saw Buffy in a crumpled heap on the floor.

"No! Buffy!!"

Willow was on the floor sobbing when she heard the other two rush up behind her. Pretty soon, all three of them were crying and babbling on about how they shouldn't have left her alone.

"What do we do now?" Anya asked.

"I've got an idea. We can put the rest of the kingdom asleep until we find someone to break the spell." With that, they set off to work.

Cordelia shrunk herself and buzzed about the kingdom putting people tho sleep. She flew into the Great Hall to take care of Their Majesties when she stumbled upon an interesting convorsation.

"Giles, I have to talk to you about something. Its about Riley. He says he's fallen in love."

The last sentance spilled out just as Cordelia put the sleeping powder on them.

Giles yawned. "With who?" Angel yawned, too.

"Some peasant girl," he said sleepily. Cordelia snapped to attention.

"What?! A peasant girl? Who is she?" she yelled into his ear.

"Just some peasant girl." Angel said, drifting off into deep slumber.

"Where did he meet her? Come on! Where?" she yelled.

"In..*yawn* the forest," Angel said, then he fell into a deep, dreamless sleep, from which Cordelia could not wake him from.

"Oh, my god! Buffy!" she said, and rushed off to tell the others.

Part 7

The shrunk fairies flew discreetly through the double door entrance to Faith's castle.

"Look!" Anya whispered. Rounding the corner was the ever popular minion of Faith, Xander. He was whistling.

"Come on." Cordelia whispered. The fairies flew to the ceiling and hid in the beams. A cobweb tickled Willow's nose. She started to sneeze.

"Ah-ah-"Willow said. Anya quickly clamped a hand over her mouth. Xander stopped and looked around, suspicious. He quickly forgot that he heard a sound, and went along on his merry way.

"Come, we must go," Cordelia said. The fairies quickly made their way to the dungeon.

Riley awoke with a start at a small voice yelling at him, and something pricking him on the cheek.

"WAKE UP!! This is no time to sleep! You've got a princess and a kingdom to awake, AND you have to kill Faith. Wake your ass up!!!" Cordelia yelled.

"What the--?!" Riley said, still half asleep.

"Listen," Willow said. "We're friends of Princess Buffy's. She's in danger, you have to help her."

"Yeah, you know that girl you met in the forest?" Anya asked. Riley nodded.

"Hey, how'd you--?" Riley started.

"No time for that now," Anya said. "That girl, that was Buffy. We took her away 16 years ago, so that Faith's curse couldn't happen."

"But it has," Cordelia said. "It really, really has!"

"That's why we're gonna bust you outta this joint so you can save the girl and kill the bad guy, and be her knight in shining armor, kay?" Anya said.

"Yeah, you can be all do-do-do-do!" Willow said, singing a fanfare. Riley nodded again, taking it all in. The fairies worked quickly. They used magic to free Riley from his shackles.

"Mistress! Mistress! They're getting away!!" Spike shouted, to Faith. Faith came out of her chamber, and onto her balcony to see Riley emerging into the courtyard from thee dungeon, accompanied by three colorful specks.

"Get them!!" Faith yelled to her minions. Xander immediately came out with a bow and arrow, and shot it at the prince.

"Look out!" Anya shouted. Cordelia waved her wand, at the arrow turned into a rose. The 4 rushed over to a very upset Doyle, and released his chains. 3 other of the minions on the catwalk threw large rocks and bricks at them. Anya waved her wand again, and the rocks turned into more roses. Cordelia used her wand to make a stunning sword and shield.

"Use these to help the princess," she said.

Faith said a few words, and the ball on top of her cane glowed. All of a sudden, vines with thorns circled around King Giles' castle.

"Oh, no," Willow said, as the thorns formed. "Come, we must go. Quickly! If we hurry, we can be at the drawbridge when the thorns are fully formed."

And so, off they went, to save the day.

Part 8

"Ouch!!" Riley said," Damn these thorns!". He used the sword to cut another vine that was in his way.

--I have to get to the princess! I'll do whatever it takes.--

He was approaching the drawbridge, when Faith appeared.

"Oh, no you don't, little prince." Faith said. Suddenly, she turned into a huge, hideously ugly dragon.

Getting good, isn't it?

"Oh, dear," Anya said. "Not good."

"Yeah, tell my about it," Riley said. The dragon reared back at blew a line of fire at Riley. He quickly held up his shield and saved himself for the time being. The blow was hard, though, and he was knocked to the ground.

The dragon slapped Riley around for another ten minutes.

Narrator:--Alright, that's it. I'm sick of this. I don't wanna beat around the bush anymore, and I want a happy ending, and if I let this go on, it won't happen, so I'm finishing this myself. Okay, I just reached my hand down into the plot, I have the dragon by the neck. ::SNAP::!!!! Thus, the dragon is no more. Alright Riley, I've just saved you a lot of work and pain, now go wake up the princess.--

Riley:--Gee, um, thanks, Miss Narrator Person.--

Narrator:--No problem, now go!--

Just as the dragon was killed, the thorns disappeared. Riley mounted his horse, and rode into the castle.

Xander, who had been instructed to follow the prince, in case he got too close to the princess, started to feel strange.

"What's happening to me?!" Xander cried. All of a sudden, he turned into a very nice looking man.

"Oh my god! I'm my old self again!" he exclaimed, and ran towards the castle.

Riley raced up the spiral staircase towards his lady love. He found her sleeping peacefully on her canopy bed. He gently sat next to her.

--God, you're beautiful.--

He leaned over and gently kissed her on the lips. She stirred, and her eyes fluttered open.

"It's you!" she said.

"Yes, it's me. And guess what? We're betrothed!" Riley said, happily.

"What? You mean--? You're--? Riley!!" she exclaimed.

"Yes, and we're to be married right away," he said, grinning.

"Oh my god!" she said, and sat up and they held each other in a tight embrace.

Oz awoke, and got up from his pillow bed next to the Queen's chair. He trotted over to the red rug and stretched. All of a sudden, he gave a yelp of pain and fell over. Then, he also changed into a very nice looking man.

"I'm not a dog anymore! Someone must have killed Faith! Yay!" he shouted.

This is when the rest of the kingdom started to wake up.

"Who are you? And where is that dog?" King Giles asked.

"Its me, Oz," Oz answered. "Faith put a spell on me and my friend Xander a long time ago, and it turned me into a dog, and him into an evil, ugly....thing. But she must be dead now, so I assume he's back to his old self as well."

"This is wonderful news!" King Angel said. "And just in time for the wedding!"

"I thought the wedding wasn't for another couple of months?!" Joyce said.

"We decided not to have it until we have gotten acquainted with our daughter!"

"Whom we haven't seen for 16 years!" Giles added, shouting.

Narrator:--Would you stop it!? I told you I wanted a happy ending. Now, if you look over to your right, you'll see that the prince and princess, along with the Fairy Mistresses have been standing there, listening to everything.

Their majesties did as I told them, and discovered that I was right.

"Okay, you win," Angel said. "The wedding is set for two months from now. But tonight, we're having a party, in honor of the princess' spell being broken."

Suddenly, a knock sounded at the door.

"Come in!" Giles shouted. Xander walked in.

"Oz! You're yourself again!" he said happily.

"As are you," Oz said.

"Well, this really calls for a celebration!" Angel said. Suddenly, another knock at the door.

"Come in!" Giles yelled.

"OH MY GOD!!!!" Cordelia shouted, running down the stairs. "Francis! I thought you were dead." They held each other in a tight embrace.

"I was dead, but the people on the other side told me that I wasn't supposed to be. They said it wasn't my time yet, and I was to come back and take care of you. I came back, but I couldn't find you. I searched for 16 long years, and now that I've found you, I'm not letting you go."

"I was in a cottage in the woods, taking care of the princess, for 16 yea--wait, what do you mean you're not letting go?" Cordelia said.

Francis reached into his pocket and pulled out a box. He held it out to her, and she took and peeked inside. Inside the little black velvet box, was a gold ring with diamond studs on it.

"Fairy Mistress Cordelia Chase, would you marry me?" Francis asked. This brought tears to Cordelia's eyes.

"Of course I will!" She said excitedly, and pulled him into a kiss. The others stared at them in awe.

"Well, I-I guess this really, really calls for a celebration!" Angel said. "Better go tell the cooks to start now, because we're having a HUGE party!!!

Later that night........

"Oh, I'm so happy for you!" Willow said to Cordelia.

"Yes, I must say that your Francis is a very attractive man," Anya added.

"But I really like this new Xander. Do you think he will ask me to dance?"

"Well, he's had his eye on you since the party began--Oh! And he's on his way over here now!" Cordelia said.

"Mistress Anya," Xander said. "May I have the pleasure of this dance?"

"You may," Anya answered, and they went off to dance.

"Oh, don't they make a perfect couple?" Willow said.

"Yes, I think a new man was just what Anya needed." Cordelia answered.

"Yes well, I was talking about Buffy and Riley," Willow said.

"Oh, well, them too." Cordelia said. "Hey, that guy Oz is coming over here. I think he might ask you to dance! I've got to go, Francis is waving me to go to him. Good luck!"

"Thanks, Cor." Willow said.

"Mistress Willow?" Oz asked.

"Yes?"

"Would you like to dance with me?" he asked.

"I'd love to."

And they all lived happily ever after....blah...blah...blah. But wait! I bet you're all wondering what happened to Spike, huh? Well, after Faith was killed, he was absolutely crushed. But, as soon as she died, he returned to his normal size, for Faith had a spell on him, as well as Xander and Oz. He ran off with another vampire named Drusilla, and we haven't seen him since. But then, do we really care?? Well, I hope you enjoyed my story, and I'm terribly sorry for the interruptions the characters caused.

*~THE END~*

Back to Author Page  Back to Buffy/Riley